Charles Church of Charles Parish (historical)
Name: Charles Church of Charles Parish (historical)
Class: House of Worship
County: York, Virginia, U.S.A.
U.S. Board on Geographic Names ID: 1955763
Charles Church of Charles Parish (historical) was located at:
Elevation 10 meters above sea level, in
York County, Virginia, U.S.A.
Established in 1642, closed 1789. A monument was erected in 1940 at the remains of the old foundation. Known as New Poquoson Parish from 1642-1680, then as New Towson Parish from 1680-1702 and then as Charles Parish from 1702-1789.
Sometimes the street addresses given by Google Maps are approximate.
Source: U.S. Board on Geographic Names.
If this name is incorrect or outdated, help them update their data:
U.S. Board on Geographic Names.
(Or the institution may write to them on official letterhead.)
|Hint: The State death record may give the name of the cemetery; the State marriage record, the name of the house of worship.|