Garvin Memorial Cemetery
Name: Garvin Memorial Cemetery
County: Dallas, Texas, U.S.A.
U.S. Board on Geographic Names ID: 2089777
Garvin Memorial Cemetery is located at:
Elevation 151 meters above sea level, in
Dallas County, Texas, U.S.A.
Located on Northwest Highway in Dallas, between Marsh and Midway Roads.
Established in 1868, this burial ground served the pioneer families who settled in the area. Graves here date from the 1870s. The land for the cemetery was donated to the community by James G Garvin (1838-1897), a former Dallas merchant, his wife Eliza and brothers, Colonel William L Crawford (1839-1920) and Judge M L Crawford (1841-1910), prominent attorneys of the county. Several veterans of the Civil War are interred here, including Colonel Pleasant G Swor (1834-1878), who led an assualt against Union forces at the Battle of Corinth.
Sometimes the street addresses given by Google Maps are approximate.
Source: U.S. Board on Geographic Names.
If this name is incorrect or outdated, help them update their data:
U.S. Board on Geographic Names.
(Or the institution may write to them on official letterhead.)
|Hint: The State death record may give the name of the cemetery; the State marriage record, the name of the house of worship.|