Emory Methodist Church
Name: Emory Methodist Church
Class: House of Worship
District of Columbia, U.S.A.
U.S. Board on Geographic Names ID: 530628
Emory Methodist Church is located at:
Elevation 84 meters above sea level, in
the District of Columbia, U.S.A.
A log chapel was built in 1832 on land donated by Abner Pierce, owner of Pierces Mill, and called Emory Chapel in honor of Methodist Bishop John Emory; a new church built in 1856 was torn down to build Fort Stevens; in 1870 the stone chapel that is Emory Methodist Church was built
Sometimes the street addresses given by Google Maps are approximate.
Source: U.S. Board on Geographic Names.
If this name is incorrect or outdated, help them update their data:
U.S. Board on Geographic Names.
(Or the institution may write to them on official letterhead.)
|Hint: The State death record may give the name of the cemetery; the State marriage record, the name of the house of worship.|